Skip to content Skip to footer

Contact us

The first thing to do is to see if we have the answer to your question on the national website. This has lots of useful advice about problems with benefits, employment, debt, housing, family and legal issues, and much more.

If you can’t find the answer to your question you can contact us via one if the routes below.

1. Do you need help to make a new Universal Credit claim?

At Citizens Advice Enfield, we can support you to make a new claim for Universal Credit, from opening your account to receiving your first full payment.

Call: Freephone 0800 144 8 444 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday

Our trained advisers can help you to:

  • Set-up your Universal Credit account.
  • Complete your claim to-dos.
  • Verify your identity.
  • Make sure you’re providing the right evidence to the Jobcentre.
  • Understand what Universal Credit will mean for you.

2. Are you sick or disabled and need to make an appointment at CAB?

Our partners at Enfield Connections have access to our appointment calendar and can book you in to see an adviser.

Call : 020 3960 0129 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday 

SMS and NGTS: 077 4164 7569

3. Need help with your application to the EU Settlement scheme?

You can drop in and see an adviser in Edmonton Green Library on Tuesdays, Enfield Town library on Wednesdays, or Palmers Green library on Fridays, from 10am to 4pm for help with your application.

4. Need advice on something else?

For any other enquiries call our Advice Line:

Calls are charged at local rate. Lines are open 10.00am – 4.00pm on Mondays and Thursdays only.

If you are calling from a mobile phone, please dial the telephone number above. However, after dialling, mobile users will be asked to give a landline number in Enfield – if you do not have a landline of your own, please input 0208 375 4170 at this point. This will make sure that your call comes through to us correctly.

You can also get advice in the following ways –

Email Advice

You can fill the online form  and we will provide you with basic advice and information with relevant self-help fact sheets and links to useful sites to assist you with enquiries


If you want to drop-in and see someone, we are open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Friday. The drop-in sessions are very busy, with long queues and you will usually need to get to us by 9:30AM to get a ticket so you are able to see someone.

The first interview will be short – about 20 minutes. We will find out what the problem is and how best to help you. We may need to book an appointment for you to come back and see an adviser to get the help you need.

Our address

Citizens Advice Enfield
Unit 3, 5 Vincent House
2e Nags Head Road
Ponders End